Jeannette Cook is a nationally recognized bead artist and workshop instructor and owner of Beady Eyed Women®. She has been working with beads as an art form since 1968. Jeannette is one of the nation’s original beadwork instructors. Students have described her as: “Inspiring, fun, spirit freeing. Jeannette along with a former partner have written and self published six popular beading books. She has taught all over the US and in Japan, and her work has been published in numerous magazines in books.
In my interview with Jeannette, we discuss the early days of the beading business, her signature class called Mastering the Curl, and her experience using Big Cartel to sell her kits online. I hope you enjoy the interview.
- Intro by Betcey Ventrella owner of Beyond Beadery
- Jeannette’s website: www.BeadyEyedWomen.com
- Jeannette’s blog: http://beadyeyedwomen.blogspot.com
- Betcey and Jeannette will both be vending at the Rocky Mountain Bead Bazaar April 26-27, 2014
- The New Beadwork is available on Amazon! Jeannette mentions this is one of the first beading books published, and I own it- its fabulous because the pieces featured are modern and inspiring to this day.
- Link to Big Cartel for more info.
More listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
What do you think? I want to know what you think of “hippie style.” Are you drawn to bright, happy colors? If not, what colors resonate with you the most.
Have other thoughts about the show? Please share with us in the comments!