Laura Zeiner has been beading and teaching beadwork for about twelve years and has a passion for putting a contemporary spin on traditional stitches. Nature is a constant theme in her beading and she loves to incorporate uncommon objects and “old things” into her work. She travels around selling her work at various bead& art shows, sometimes up to 15 in a year. She lives in Austin, Texas with her husband, John, and Ginger, her spoiled-rotten sheltie. In her “spare time”, she can usually be found training for triathlons or playing poker.
In my interview with Laura, we discuss how she developed her freeform style, her advice for newbies just starting show their work, and her participation in Battle of the Beadsmith with a little topless photography thrown in. I hope you enjoy the interview!
- Laura’s website: Stick Lizard Designs
- Laura’s Etsy shop with tutorials, kits, and finished work.
- Laura collaborates with glass artist Barbara Steffen of Fire Spirit Beads
- Zapplication.org– great place to find shows and apply easily
- The Tuscon Bead Show– Laura will be showing here February 2-7, 2015
- Trypnotic Necklace workshop, February 6, 2015 for the Tuscon Bead Show
- Battle of the Beadsmith on Facebook
More listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
Want to win a Freeform Peyote Bracelet Tutorial from Laura? All you have to do is leave a comment below about anything you learned from the show. Be sure to include your email address and I will choose a winner next week. Update: Congrats to Ksenia! She won the tutorial from Laura!