Amy Katz has been part of the world of seed beads since 1993 as a student, teacher and designer. All her life she has had a love of quality jewelry. Several years ago when she began designing her own pieces from scratch, Amy made the decision to make the fine jewelry look her own using seed beads and crystals. Using imagination and top-notch materials, this high-end style has come to life as her signature style. Amy is currently teaching both locally in northern Virginia and nationally. Her work has been featured in the books Beading Across America, and Beading All-Stars.
In my interview with Amy, we discuss how she developed her fine jewelry style of beading, her retreat that combines mining with beading classes, and all about her new book titled, Seed Bead Chic: 25 elegant projects inspired by fine jewelry. I hope you enjoy the interview.
- Intro by Alli Cormier, co-owner of i gotta BEAD in Tyler, TX
- The site for the Tyler Bead Retreat currently down, so in the meantime email Belinda at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Amy’s website: BeadJourney.com
- Amazon Link to Beading All-Stars: 20 Jewelry Projects from Your Favorite Designers
- Amazon Link to Seed Bead Chic: 25 Elegant Projects Inspired by Fine Jewelry (Lark Jewelry & Beading Bead Inspirations)
More listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
Want to win an autographed copy of Seed Bead Chic? Imagine that a limousine in pulling up to the curb to chauffeur you and some friends to an Art Gala. Picture yourself wearing the perfect, made for you designer dress! With that in mind go to Amy’s website beadjourney.com and choose the perfect piece of jewelry among Amy’s workshops and kits that would go with your look. Then, leave a comment on this post describing your dress and the name of the piece you chose.
I think this is a really fun exercise and Amy and I are excited to read your comments. Be sure to enter your email address, and I will choose a winner next week.