Geometric Beadwork with Kate McKinnon
In my interview with Kate McKinnon, we discuss architecture, self-publishing vs. traditional publishing, and the ever morphing concepts in her latest work, Contemporary Geometric Beadwork. I hope you enjoy the interview!
54 days until the Bead & Button Show! I want to have a Bead Circle meetup of some kind where we all have lunch or dinner. I would love to meet listeners in person and hear your ideas and opinions. If you will be attending the show and want to meetup, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will get back to everyone with the date and time after I see how many are interested.
- Geometric Beadwork Site
- Kate’s architectural inspirations: John Lautner and Antoni Gaudi
- Amazon book link: Contemporary Geometric Beadwork, Volume 1
- Book Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ContemporaryGeometricBeadwork
More listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
Want to win a copy of Contemporary Geometric Beadwork? All you have to do is leave a comment answering this question:“What building or natural structure inspires you the most?” Include links to your images because Kate will also create a piece of beadwork using the winner’s inspiration! Be sure to include your email address and I will choose the winner next Thursday.
Update: The winner of the copy of Contemporary Geometric Beadwork is Ronel Durandt! Kate was grateful to be reminded about the biological sketches of Ernst Haeckel. I agree, fabulous inspiration!