Albion Stitch with Heather Kingsley-Heath
Heather Kingsley-Heath is a beadworker living and working in England. She the creator of Albion stitch, a new beading technique, and has published two books on the stitch with a third, and much anticipated, book now in production. Her work has been featured in Perlen Poesie, Beadwork, Bead and many other magazines. As a tutor, Heather is a kind, patient, lively, and inspiring teacher, generous with her design processes and techniques.
In the interview, she tells the story of how she developed Albion stitch, and we discuss teaching philosophy, her first visit to the US, and go down a few rabbit holes of inspiration. I hope you enjoy the interview!
- Intro by Perry Bookstein of York Beads
- Heather’s website: http://www.heatherworks.co.uk/
- Heather’s blog
- Page with Heather’s Albion Stitch books
More listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
Want to win Heather’s Little Owl pattern? All you have to do is leave a comment below about the show. Be sure to include your email address and I will choose the winner next week. Update: Congrats to Beth Wolland for winning the owl pattern!